Friday 3 April 2015

My First Signed Item...

I am officially very excited! I've just managed to pick up my first ever piece of Slania signed material. Two covers from the 1997 China/Sweden Joint Issue.

I don't have the covers yet so the image below isn't that flash. I'll definitely post up better images when the covers arrive.


Each country issued two stamps. What I find interesting about these covers is that each has one stamp from each country. Rather nice covers actually!

While I'm on the subject of signed Slania memorabilia I have noticed in my search for stuff signed by the master that it seems quite expensive. A stamp buddy and I were talking the other day and he told me that he'd gotten a bit of signed material a while back and it wasn't very expensive. It seems the last few years has seen a drastic rise in prices of signed stuff. I wonder will the prices continue to rise, making it nearly impossible for the budget collector to procure signed examples? Or has the market plateaued? I guess only time will tell...

Just as a short footnote, this is my 10th Slania Blog Post! I hope you the reader is enjoying the journey as much as I am :)

Stay Slania Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Slania signed heaps of items over the years. You see photos of him at exhibitions & that's all he's doing, sitting at a table & signing whatever folks bring along. I would think a small premium for a signed item but I don't see a vast increase in value over time. Of course, Ebay sellers might think otherwise.....
    Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete