Monday 21 March 2016

I Muse...On Title Pages

For some time now I'm been pondering the idea of title pages for each country in my Slania collection. At present I use hagners to house my stamps, so for continuity purposes within the stamp folder I intend to use single strip hagners in which to place the title pages. That means the pages need to be designed to fit in this space...


This space is smaller than a regular A4 page, so I would need to add a border of these dimensions and cut the printed out page to fit. So far, so good.

Thinking about the design of the title pages, I don't want anything too busy. I want to try to convey simple clarity. I then had the idea to add a watermark to the page. At first I considered one of my favourite Slania stamps. I tried a few, but I found them too busy, making it difficult to read the text of the title. 

A few days ago it was the anniversary of Slania's death. While working on a tribute blog I came across a nice postcard image of Slania designed by Lars Sjööblom. I took the image and fiddled with it, turning it to gray-scale on Publisher and lightening it so it became a watermark. I then added a bit of text just to see what it would look like. This is what I have so far. It is by no means complete, but I like the look of it so far...


What do you think? Any thoughts? Ideas?

Until next time...

Stay Slania Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment