Saturday 6 February 2016

Brazil 1984 - Oswaldo Cruz "Ancient Currency" Banknote

In a blog post I wrote last year I studied the 1986 "New Currency" version of Brazil's Oswaldo Cruz banknote. Click HERE to view the blog post. At the time I didn't have a copy of the "Ancient Currency" version of the banknote. Well, late last year I managed to find one. Now, I am no banknote expert, but I don't need to be to know it is in pretty poor condition. One day I'll grab one in better condition, but for now this one will suffice.

This banknote was issued in 1984 and it has a denomination of 50,000 cruzeiros

Obverse

Reverse
You may remember that in last year's blog, I mentioned that there was the possibility that Slania worked on the trees on the reverse of the banknote only. I have since discovered that he aided a protégé of his by working on the trees with him. Does anyone know if this is true?

Until next time...

Stay Slania Crazy!

4 comments:

  1. According to Jerzy Krysiak's article from Polish filately press this is true. Slania aided a pupil to engrave trees on reverse. She was probably the only pupil Slania ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Thanks Keram. Btw, you don't happen to know what type of plane it is on the Poland 1952 Aviation Day stamp do you? I've been searching but can't seem to fi9nd a plane withe cowling that matches.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
    2. According to Polish catalogue this is an propeller aircraft "Zuch2" "Trump2" made in Poland (1949).

      Delete
    3. Fantastic! Thanks heaps, Keram! Greatly appreciate your help. I can now complete the blog post on that stamp.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete