Saturday 20 June 2015

I Received... A Fantastic Cover!

A couple of weeks ago I made an ebay purchase from a seller in the USA which included six of the nine stamps engraved by Slania for the USA. Most sellers these days tend to simply whack whatever stamp is available at the post office onto the cover and send it off, no fuss. So this is what I have come to expect, a boring cover that goes in the bin as soon as I remove the goodies from it. So you can imagine my great surprise and delight when I pulled this cover from my mailbox...



Isn't it just fantastic! This is a cover from a seller who thinks about his clients and works to create covers that add a nice touch to ones collection.  Not only has the seller printed a nice cache on the lefthand side of the cover, he has also added a couple Slania engraved stamps plus one with a Polish theme (Slania's home country) and an Australian joint issue (my home country). Even more surprising was the nice cancels on these stamps - a practice that is extremely rare these days. I don't mean to sound bitter, but I have had more covers than I can count sent to me with pen scribbles all over the stamps in lieu of a cancel. Anyway, I was well pleased with this awesome cover and I thought I'd share it with you.

Until next time...
Stay Slania Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment