Tuesday 31 January 2017

Faroe Islands 1980 - Faroese Flora

Czeslaw Slania engraved over 1200 stamps, but there are also quite a lot of which he worked on the design only. For me, if Slania contributed to it, it goes in my collection. In 1980 Slania was called upon to design a set of stamps for Faroe Islands featuring Faroese flora. This is truly a delightful set.

In this blog I'm going to try something a bit different. Normally I provide some information on each stamp, then feature the actual stamp. Considering this set consists five different types of plants, to describe each would make the blog somewhat long. This time around I am going to make the common name of each plant a hyperlink to the relevant Wiki page. If you feel inspired to read more about it, simply click on the name and you will be sent straight to the page. That said, let's look at some stamps!

***



***



***



***



***



***

I hope the idea of the hyperlinks works out for you. Let me know what you think.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment