Monday 4 May 2015

I Muse on...To Soak or Not To Soak

A few days ago I received some Slania stamps in the mail that I had purchased from an eBay seller in Sweden.  I was delighted to see that some extra Slania stamps had been placed on the cover.  At first I thought "Great! A Slania cover. " But then I looked at the cover and noticed that - like many covers nowadays - the stamps were untouched by the postmark. This is the cover...



Then I got to thinking.  Do I keep the cover as is? Or do I soak the stamps off the cover? Since they are unblemished they'd look perfectly respectable on a hagner as Mint with no Gum. But in doing this am I compromising the quality of my collection?  Or am I simply - as is often the case - over-thinking things?

So the question stands: to soak or not to soak?

Does anyone else out there grapple with these questions?  If so, what do you do?

Until next time...

Stay Slania Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment